Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011 was a super success!

This year we went a little under the radar on Halloween, and although I would have like to have had more time to celebrate with friends, the fabulous family time is always welcome! We started out the night around our dinner table together (which we have been doing every single night lately, and I love it!) and then moved quickly into costumes. I had a mock trial the night before and dressed the bean in a tutu and tights and all and had her go out to eat in it. Needless to say, her grandparents thought it was just adorable, as did we. Until.... she pulled off the tutu standing the the middle of a crowded outdoor shopping/dining area, lol. That left her in a black turtleneck, black tights, and black shoes. She looked like mission impossible lily, too funny! That day we had gone to Zoo Boo with this set of grandparents and all of the kids there we in costume, but she had refused to wear the costume then. Now it was only lily in costume and she felt other peoples attention and she sported her petty skirt like nobody's business! So again on Halloween we put it all on but with no complaints! We hopped into the car, busted some lightsticks (fun!) and headed to our church for a trunk-or-treat. To me this idea was the best for her because it's a shorter distance on much more solid ground from trunk to trunk as opposed to house to house. Another bonus daddy caught on to quickly was that the church was handing out good brand name definitely good candy, so we loaded up! LOL! We are, of course, party animals and couldn't just stop there at merely 7:00, soo we headed over to her other grandpa's house to trick or treat some with her 10 year old aunt B! This was probably Lily's favorite part. She got to be pulled like a princess in her wagon, which she completely adores. I think I forgot to mention that we dressed her as a zebra this year! Well, I found a pettiskirt/top combo in a store and fell in love. At first, I was thinking to make her a cat when I got it. A good friend then suggested a zebra, and that just sealed the deal! I made some zebra ear bow clips, which ended up being too heavy and my little nitpicker plucked the right off her head after posing for 1.5 pictures lol! She never noticed her tail until when she was sitting with her aunt going through her loot and her 13 year old uncle came up and gave it a good yank! LOL  (memories like this are the reason I blog FYI) 




We tricked and treated until 9, and I knew it was time to go home. They'd knock and say their rhymes, and then my line was "I know it's late..." lol, then the lady at our last house replies "that's okay, that's what I'm here for" and I left the moment feeling renewed and thankful that she was in such high spirits, because honestly, at that point.. I was not! We got home, bathed the bean, and hit the hay! The orange pumpkin sat right where it was dropped, well tag-of-warred out of lily's little hands, and she made sure to go STRAIGHT to it the next morning. As ridiculous as it sounds I couldn't help but let her have that first Reece's her hands landed on and then moved on to eggs and fruit, the good stuff! Hope you all had such a memorable wonderful Hallow!een!!

No comments:

Post a Comment