Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

stop whining and count your blessings

    Today there was a HUGE fire 10 miles from my house, and 2 from a dear friend's. I have to be honest, it lit the fear of god in me. To see a massive black cloud, bellowing from the groud, imagining the houses being devastated at it's base. Fortunately, the fire was a "wildfire" within a large park, in the city limits. These wildfires have been starting all around in the neighboring counties, and yes I've considered all of this before, but it becomes extremely real when it is all happening right in front of your eyes. So, tomorrow I will be going to the dollar store and buying hygiene items, and taking them to my local dropspot... and you should maybe consider taking a load yourself :o) 
    Also today, we hosted a playdate at our house! We did sliced fruit stamps, and it was a big hit with Lily! She has now been begging for apples all night. Daddy didnt understand why when she requested her apple, her true intention, and was dearly confused as to why she continued grunting after given the apple. Too funny to watch. I love them so much and am very lucky that I get to stay home every day and do these activities with her. 
    These are the blessings I speak of. My house has not been threatened, I live pretty comfortably (except the days that I've maxed out my credit card and carry quarters around and my friends sport my mcdonalds habbit lol thanks friends) my family is healthy and SO happy, and we have amazing friends and family who love and support us. So EVEN on a day when I've been on two playdates, cleaned house, and then make dinner while I shake a 2 year old off my leg, I really have NO reason to so frustrated with my husband.  There is no real situation besides my aching feet, and I need to appreciate all that he is doing behind the scenes to make it all possible. I watched my mom work SO hard her whole life, and I almost feel guilty for not having to work the long hours and tend to a child. She worked two jobs up to the day she had her heat attack. I was taught better. I will strive for better, and to be more like her. No more whining and complaining about getting on my hands and knees to scrub the spots out of the carpet, because that is MY job. It's not glamorous, but it is important, and it's mine!
    On a lighter note, Lily is saying new words EVERYDAY!!!! I need some new vocabulary building exercised for my lovechild if anyone has any good ones! We've been doing flashcards and she can now say all 90 plus other randoms! This is a huge improvement over just a month ago! The cutest of her new words were "pretty" which is a word every girl needs... and "football" which she learned from her uncle. Her uncle comes over every weekend and asks her daddy to "play football" and now every weekend she gets a new lesson in football from uncle dan. It is so cute to watch, and she LOVES every second of it! My girl is one tough cookie, just like her momma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment